Saturday, June 15, 2013

Father's Day Spinner Card

Pin It
Hi everyone,

Our sponsor this week at 613 Avenue Create is Limited Runs Stamps. I thought this cute little whootie owl would be cute to use. I choose to use a spinner card. Yes, it turned out a little more girly than I had planned. I got carried away. It will be fine cause the little girls that are giving this to their Daddy think it's perfect, lol! I printed the image onto neenah white card stock and coloured him with copic. I thought the stripped paper went well with colour of the spinner opening. I had created a square with the opening in cricut craft room but when it was done it kept asking for the labels cartridge. Still wouldn't cut it . I made two and glued them together to make it stronger. I used a label punch for the sentiment and then added a smaller black rectangle for the sentiment made in PSP. There is a lot of glitter on the owl,  again doesn't show in photo. I added some doodling, then it just looked too plain so used a ribbon to finish it off. The inside is finished with the left overs from the front of the card. The girls will play with the card more than Daddy will, I am positive of that. lol! I will enter this card into these challenges.


Stamp - Limited Runs whoorie owl set
Paper - My Minds Eye [MME] DSP, Recollections , neenah white cs,
Ink - printer, copic, R81,83, N0, 100, E31
Accessories - ribbon from stash, SU modern label punch, scallop punch, 2 pennies

Thank you for stopping by, happy creating!

6 comments:

Rosie said...

Love the card and the owl is super cute!

Angelique said...

Gorgeous card and such a beautiful pink owl.

Huggsss,Angelique

Cindy Groh said...

I'd love to see how you make a spinner card. I'm not really sure what one is but it sounds interesting. Love the cute little owl image. Owls are one of my faves.
Anyway, since you've played at our chalk blog before I wanted to let you know that it's anything goes with chalk at Chalk Ah Lot for the next 12 days. Hopefully you can join us.
Best Wishes,
Cindy
http://chalk-ah-lot.blogspot.com/

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

One of my favorite cards is the spinner card... so much fun, I'm sure he loved it! Thanks for sharing.

Beebeebabs said...

Very nice card - I must try the spinner card tfs!!!

MaryH said...

I'm impressed with your card,having never tried to make a spinner card! I think the owl kept it 'masculine', and guys wear pink shirts...& knowing it was specially made for someone special, I'm sure it was much loved. It's a beautiful card, and your sparkles did show when the card was enlarged. TFS